The Finest Radio Controlled Sailboat in the World
Below are the specifications of this terrific model followed by some of the feature highlights. There are many more articles on the Skippers Log about this remarkable RC sailboat as well.
|Mast top above deck||54″|
|Bottom of keel to top of mast||73″|
|949 sq. in.
710 sq. in.
600 sq. in.
525 sq. in.
- Hull and deck molded in one piece polypropylene
- Mast is tapered fiberglass composite, two piece
- Sail is sleeved to slide over the mast. Sail is made of non-woven polyester composite film
- Mast is stepped into a non-captive deck step that allows mast to swivel. There is no standing rigging
- Gooseneck fitting is fixed so boom vang is not necessary
- Keel and rudder snap in and out in an instant – no tools
- Easy access to radio compartment via snap-lid port
- Easy to adjust stainless outhaul sliders on boom
- All parts are interchangeable and inexpensive to replace
- Full On Board electronics to include class approved servos for sail and steering
- Two channel AM Radio system (drum sail winch, steering servo installed)
- Batteries not included – requires 8 or 12 ea AA batteries, either alkaline or rechargeable
- Boat is corrosion resistant and salt water safe
For more expanded information on the features of the RC Laser, check out a couple of articles: